Sunday, June 13, 2021

Introducing Soloing, pt.IV - My Favorite Backing Tracks

Last month I talked about using backing tracks with students as they begin to get into soloing and start to develop their own licks. It is a good idea for the teacher to create a list of backing tracks with various tempos and grooves for students as different music will elicit a different reaction when playing along with it.   

Here is a list of my Top 10 Backing Tracks I share with my students - the majority are based off real songs. Hope you and your students enjoy them!

1. Pink Floyd – Great Gig on the Sky in G

2. BB King – The Thrill is Gone in B minor

3. Gorgeous Blues in G

4. Minor Blues in A 

5. Slow Whiskey Blues in C minor

6. E minor soft backing track 

7. Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady in F#

8. Creamy Blues in D minor

9. The Allman Brothers – Whipping Post in A

10. Mountain – Mississippi Queen in G


Send me a list of your favorite backing tracks and I'll compile a list for a future post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment